Measuring small cross-section conductors, bare or insulated wires, single or multi-strands is the key purpose of the ResTest 50. Handling is reduced to the strict minimum as samples can be installed directly, without any need for cable stripping.
To be reliable, measurement of the linear resistance of samples requires perfect mastery of important parameters such as temperature, length, input current, etc. This is why this measurement is generally performed in the laboratory.
The ResTest offers the unique combination of ultra-high precision measuring with extreme simplicity of operation. All critical components are integrated (temperature sensor, calibrated measuring ruler, specific jaws for all cable types etc.) allowing you to manage measuring uncertainties. The displayed values can be used directly (all relevant corrections are already made), printed (label or report) and exported (LAN).
- For Class 1, 2, 5 and 6 conductors, insulated or non-insulated (i.e. solid, stranded and flexible conductors)
- Integrated self-cutting knives for insulated conductors
- Cross-section: max 50 mm²
- Diameter: max 12 mm
- Optional accessories such as compacting jaws (for classes 5 & 6)
- ResTest 50 Datasheet
- Linear Resistance Measurement - Family Brochure
- Calculate your payback time for an AESA resistance bridge
- Technical article about the effects of contact resistance
- Proficiency in linear resistance measurements or overall accuracy of linear resistance bridges (En, September 2013)
- Temperature and frequency effects on cable resistance : Snapshots on multi-material power cable linear resistance (En, June 2015)
Comparison between the equipment ranges: Linear Resistance on a sample